Smart 2 from Misfit can be worn as a watch or a pendant and uses a simple collection of LED’s to display workout progress. Flash is a small simple to use activity tracker. You can simply place it in your pocket to track your basic fitness levels throughout the day.
Misfit Shine2 and Misfit Flash Comparison Table
|Product||Misfit Shine 2||Misfit Flash|
|Released||October 2015||September 2014|
|Display||12 Multicolored LED lights||12 LED lights|
|Button Type||Touch enabled surface||Physical button|
|Weight||8.5 grams||6 grams|
|Battery Life||6 months approx.||6 months approx.|
|Water Resistance||5 ATM||3 ATM|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 4.0||Bluetooth 4.0|
|Compatibility||Android, iOS||Android, iOS|
|Tracking||Steps, Distance, Calories, Sleep quality & Duration||Steps, Distance, Calories, Sleep quality & Duration|
|Vibration Alerts||Call, text, inactivity||No|
|Heart Rate Sensor||No||No|
|Colors Available||Carbon Black, Rose Gold||Frost, Onyx, Fuchsia, Zest, Wave, Reef, Coca Cola Red|
Misfit Shine 2 Overview
Misfit Shine 2 is a fitness tracker that you can wear all day every day. You can sleep, shower and swim with this device on you at all times because it is 50 meters water resistant. It comes with a fully charged coin cell battery that’s good for six months of continued use. The Shine 2 is made from anodized aircraft grade aluminum which makes it super strong. Besides being lightweight and attractive, the Shine 2 is Misfit’s most advanced model.
There are 12 LED lights on the watch face and they discreetly show the time, notification alerts from your phone and your activity goals for the day. In addition you can use the capacitive touch sensor in your activity monitor to do things like take selfies or control your music.
Misfit Flash Overview
Misfit Flash tracks your general movement throughout the day, sleep patterns and special activities. The tracker has a simplistic yet a stylish look. The tracker is made out of plastic which doesn’t quite meet its predecessor’s aluminum build but that can be expected since it’s half the cost.
Flash is easy to use and if you take fitness a little bit more seriously and go running or cycling, you can clip it onto your shoe for very accurate tracking of your activity. Wearing it on your wrist is best for anyone who wants to track swimming or sleep.
Similarities between Misfit Shine 2 and Misfit Flash
- Both trackers come with a non rechargeable coin cell battery.
- The battery lasts for about six months and can be replaced.
- Wristband and clip-on accessory included in the package.
- Both track steps, distance, calories burned and sleep quality.
- Both are compatible with iOS and Android.
- Both devices lack heart rate monitoring functionality.
- Both devices lack GPS and altimeter sensors.
- Simple LED light display for clock and progress display.
- Tracker synchronizes automatically with your Smartphone using Bluetooth.
- Both devices are compatible with the Misfit Link app using which you can convert it into a selfie or music remote.
- Both track sleep automatically.
- The Misfit app has the ability to tag activities like running, cycling, swimming, etc.
- Both trackers lack a display to view workout metrics or any text.
Differences between Misfit Shine 2 and Misfit Flash
- Misfit Flash has a plastic body while Misfit Shine 2 is built from high grade aluminum.
- Shine 2 has 12 multicolor LED lights to show time, status, etc.
- Shine 2 can notify you when you receive an incoming call or text by vibrating and flashing lights. It cannot however display the text or the caller number.
- Misfit Flash has a big physical button for user input while Shine 2 has a touch sensitive surface.
- Misfit Flash is 30 meters water resistant while Shine 2 is 50 meters water resistant.
- Flash lacks smart alarm functionality and does not vibrate.
- Flash has more color choices.
- Shine 2 has an added 3-axis magnetometer for a more accurate sleep and activity tracking.
Tips, features and usage for Misfit Shine 2
- Many users have complained that they have lost their trackers as it just ‘pops’ out of the band. Misfit has made improvements in the band design (new sport band) so that it holds the device in place. However users recommend purchasing third party bands which have a better design.
- You can set custom alarms in Shine 2.
- You can clip it onto your shoes, bra, ankle, belt, pocket or your shirt.
- The Shine 2 Swimmer’s edition has the capability to track your swimming laps.
- You can easily change the battery with the included Battery door tool.
- Shine 2 just tracks light sleep and deep sleep. It does not track REM sleep.
- It does not display date.
- Wear it on your ankle while cycling or using an exercise bike for better accuracy.
Tips, features and usage for Misfit Flash
- Flash stores your activity data in case your phone is out of Bluetooth range.
- Users have not found it suitable for swimming as its water resistance is not effective.
- To track sleep accurately it is recommended that you wear it on your wrist.
- It has basic sleep monitoring – light and deep sleep.