A Kneeling Chair is an alternative to traditional seating. It helps to keep your back in an upright position while you work. It is a good option if you want to take a short break from your desk chair and change your sitting position.
Flash Furniture Mobile Wooden Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
The Flash Furniture Kneeling chair has a wooden frame and a light color finish that will blend well with your furniture. It has a threaded height adjustment system and stiff padding that resists wearing.
Tips & Features
- It is easy to assemble. Instructions and tools are provided. Assembly takes around 15 to 20 minutes.
- This kneeling chair is easy to transport, as it is foldable. It is around 9 inches wide when folded.
- The weight limit for this kneeling chair is 200 pounds.
- The frame is wooden and the padded seat, knee rest are upholstered with fabric.
- Not suitable to sit on this kneeling chair for extended periods as it may hurt the knees. Frequent breaks are necessary.
- It should be used as an alternate chair to correct posture and relieve back pain.
- The dual wheel casters are not lockable.
- The chair weighs around 17 pounds.
- You can adjust the height but that changes the angle of the seat as well. The maximum height of the seat is 24 inches and the minimum is 20 inches when measured from the ground.
- This chair helps transfer some of the pressure from your back to the knee while sitting. If you set the seat height very high then it might put extra pressure on your knees. Therefore, you need to set the height according to your comfort.
- The seat has a forward tilt to transfer your weight forward.
- This chair may seem wiggley but it is quite solid if assembled correctly.
- This kneeling chair does not have a backrest.
- The chair has a flame retardant certification.
- Users have reported that the kneepad wears off quickly.
- You can remove the wheels.
- The seat depth is about 12 inches.
- The angle of the seat cannot be adjusted separately. The height and the angle adjust in unison.
Work Smart Ergonomically Designed Knee Chair with Memory Foam
The Work Smart Kneeling Chair provides an alternative sitting environment in which you are automatically encouraged to maintain a correct sitting posture with a vertical spinal alignment. It also has memory foam padding that provides soft support to your knees and hips without being compressed.
Tips & Features
- This chair weighs 16 pounds and supports up to a maximum of 250 pounds.
- The seat height can be adjusted vertically from 21 to 25 inches.
- The frame is made up of metal.
- Assembly instructions are provided and users should follow each step carefully during assembly. It takes around 15 minutes to assemble. Allen wrench is included in the package.
- The wheel casters do not lock.
- The shins may feel uncomfortable after prolonged sitting.
- The Knee pads are separate for each knee which is more comfortable for some people.
- Both knee rest and the seat have thick memory foam padding.
- This chair does not fold but you can set it to minimum height for easy storage.
Boss B248 Ergonomic Kneeling Stool
The Boss B248 Ergonomic Kneeling stool is very sturdy and durable due to its steel tubing. The ease of height adjustment using a pneumatic lever makes it unique among other kneeling stools.
Tips & Features
- This chair has a tubular steel frame and weighs 20 pounds.
- The chair has a foldable design for easy transport and storage.
- The seat height can be adjusted between 20 and 25 inches.
- The weight capacity of this chair is 250 pounds.
- Many users have complained about the thin knee padding which flattens out after a short period. Some have used hand towels or pillows for additional cushioning.
- Assembly is required. Attach the two cushions, pop in the wheels and screw in the pneumatic piston.
- The height can be adjusted pneumatically with a lever located below the seat just like most task chairs.
How Does a Kneeling Chair Improve Your Sitting Posture?
The Kneeling Chair enables you to sit straightforwardly and maintain a good sitting posture all along without any influence or restriction from outside force. A good Kneeling Chair can prevent the occurrence of short sight and humpback.
A Kneeling Chair consists of two mutual gradient cushions. One located at the back is the cushion for sitting and the other at front is the cushion for knee support. When you sit on it your whole body weight is proportionally supported and balanced by your buttock and knees. As affected by the counterforce of the supporting point of knee, the lumbar and the backbone cannot help but move upwards to balance the force. As a result your backbone is entirely drawn straight forward and the body will naturally sit up correctly without any backrest or lumbar support.
Thus, this helps in naturally propping up the vertebral column, raising the head and straightening the chest keeping a safe distance between the eye and desktop. Thereby it effectively puts an end to the occurrence of short sightedness and humpback.