Wanna combine fun with fitness for your kids? Give them a mini trampoline. Jumping and tumbling will help your child develop spatial responsiveness as well as improve cognitive skills. It will also give your children a break, away from modern electronics. Bouncing is a healthy and fun exercise for kids of all ages. Jumping on a trampoline is a safe and effective workout that gives children the essential aerobic exercise even if they remain indoors. Trampoline exercise will help your kids to stay fit, develop motor skills, increase stamina and improve balance, flexibility and coordination.
Trampolines for Toddlers and Kids – Comparison Chart
Best popular mini trampolines for kids / toddlers with handle bar
Little Tikes is a well-known name for high quality toys. The Little Tikes 3 foot trampoline is another great product to keep your kids active anytime anywhere. This kid’s trampoline is easy to assemble, safe and compact.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for the Little Tikes 3 foot trampoline
- This trampoline is designed for indoor use and has a maximum weight limit of 55 pounds. Multiple kids should not be allowed to jump together.
- This product needs to be assembled for it to be operational. The screws, rubber caps, padding, wrench, screwdriver, instruction booklet, etc. are included in the package. Assembly may take 30 minutes to an hour.
- Suitable for kids from three to six years.
- The padded handle bar is not foldable. However, it can be unscrewed.
- The legs cannot be folded flat but can be removed for storage.
- This mini trampoline weighs around 15 pounds and can be easily moved around.
- Can be placed on the carpet for greater stability. The legs are rubber capped but users have reported that it tends to slip on hardwood floors.
- This trampoline does not have metal springs. Instead, it has flexible elastic bands that are much safer and durable.
- The balance handle bar is positioned more towards the center of the trampoline rather than at its edge. This is safer and prevents the trampoline from tipping over when children lean on to the bar.
- The trampoline is fully functional without the balance bar.
- Many users have reported concerns about the handle bar being slightly wobbly.
- The highest point of the handle bar from the jump mat is around 28 inches. Therefore, before purchasing ensure that your child has the required height to grip the handle bar properly.
- The handle bar is fixed in place and cannot be adjusted.
- The trampoline has five legs in total that are about eight inches high.
- The jumping area is around 26 inches.
The Original Toy Company Fold & Go 30-Inch kids trampoline
One of the great aspects of the Fold and Go trampoline is that it has slanted rubber caps on all the legs so that it stays steady on the ground and doesn’t rock around. This trampoline is extremely easy to setup and will just take a few minutes to assemble.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for the Original Toy Company Fold & Go trampoline
- This trampoline is recommended for children aged 3 to 7 years.
- The Fold & Go trampoline has six legs in total.
- The handle bar is around 24 inches from the jumping mat.
- You may tape the handle padding to prevent kids from biting into it.
- Weight limit for this mini trampoline is 150 pounds. Multiple children should not get on the trampoline at the same time even if it is within the weight limit as it may increase the risk of injury.
- This trampoline has safe elastic straps instead of metal springs or bungee cords. Therefore, it has a good silent bounce.
- The trampoline is very durable and elasticity is not lost even after months of usage.
- Can be assembled in minutes with minimal tools. Disassembly is easy as well and it should be stored flat without folding.
- Since the handle bar is located on the side, kids should not hang or swing on it as the trampoline may tip over. A user has suggested that a five-pound weight may be attached on the rear leg, which could reduce the risk of the trampoline tipping over.
- The trampoline should not be used without the handle bar as kids can lose control of their jumps.
- The jumping surface is about 25 inches wide and total width is 30 inches.
- The rubber caps prevent scratches but may leave black marks on the floor if the trampoline is pulled across.
- The trampoline is meant for indoor use only.
- The unit weighs just 17 pounds.
Pure Fun 48-Inch Kids Super Jumper trampoline
With a massive 48-inch diameter and adjustable padded handle for extra stability, the Pure Fun Super Jumper trampoline provides sufficient extra space for kids and toddlers to jump and have fun.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for the Pure Fun 48-Inch Kids Super Jumper trampoline
- The handle bar is easily removable. Just press the metallic buttons and pull it out.
- This is a trampoline with 42 galvanized metal springs for extra bounce. The benefit of springs over bungee cords is that they will last longer whereas bungee cords are prone to wear and tear. The springs also give a lot more bounce than elastic bands. The springs are well protected with a vinyl skirt and are located under the jumping mesh.
- The jumping surface is around 36 inches. The total width of this trampoline is 48 inches.
- Users have reported that this trampoline might tip over if the heavy kids swing on the handle bar.
- The assembly is a little more complex due to the metal springs. Complete setup may take 30 minutes to one hour.
- The weight limit is 100 pounds but users have suggested that it should not be more than 60 pounds, as springs are likely to break beyond this.
- Users have used this trampoline both indoors and outdoors.
- This trampoline is recommended for kids and toddlers aged between 3 to 10 years.
- This trampoline is not foldable and has six legs.
- The unit weighs around 15 pounds.
Kangaroo 36 Inch big kids trampoline
The Kangaroo 36 inch trampoline is very easy to setup and can be used indoors as well as outdoors. It’s a great exercise tool and can even support older kids with a 150 pound weight limit.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for the Kangaroo 36 Inch Kids Trampoline
- This trampoline has sturdy elastic bands instead of springs.
- You would need to unscrew the handle bar to remove it.
- It does not fold; therefore, you will need to disassemble for storage.
- Users have reported that the elastic bands are stiff and the bounce is soft.
- The handle bar is located towards the side of the trampoline. Therefore, bouncing too high while holding / pushing the handle bar can cause the trampoline to pop forward. This is a major design flaw for most of the trampolines except the Little Tikes 3 foot trampoline where the bar is more towards the center.
- The assembly is easy with minimal parts and takes around 15 minutes. Easy to follow visual instructions are provided. The trampoline in the box is folded in half and you need quite a bit of strength to push it apart. Once the two sides snap into place, next steps are a breeze.
- The protective cover on the edges prevents kid’s feet from falling into the elastic straps.
- The recommended age limit is 5 years and above.
Best popular mini trampolines for kids / toddlers with safety enclosure
My First Trampoline 84-Inch by Sportspower
This indoor / outdoor mini kid’s trampoline has a safety net enclosure to prevent kids from falling out. It takes up very little indoor space and can be setup in a medium sized playroom, bedroom or basement.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for My First Trampoline 84-Inch by Sportspower
- Can be used indoors or outdoors all year round.
- Weight limit is 100 pounds.
- The trampoline does not have a cover. Many people have used a tarp / camping canopy to cover this trampoline outside to protect it from rain or sun.
- The trampoline is about 7 feet tall and 7 feet wide.
- The poles are metallic and are covered with dense foam.
- It took users around one to two hours to assemble this unit.
- This trampoline is recommended for kids aged 3 to 10 years.
- The jumping area is about 5 feet and the legs cannot be adjusted.
- This trampoline has metal springs, which are covered with UV protected foam pads.
SkyBound Super 7 feet Kid’s Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline
The SkyBound Kid’s trampoline provides ample hexagonal space for your kids to jump around and have fun! You may install it in your backyard and during extreme winters move it indoors.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for the SkyBound Super 7 feet Kid's Indoor/Outdoor Trampoline
- Users have suggested that this trampoline be installed where the ceiling height is at least 9 to 10 feet so that kids don’t hit the ceiling while bouncing. The trampoline is around 7 foot high from the ground.
- The weight limit is 110 pounds but this trampoline has been stress tested up to 220 pounds.
- Recommended age is 2 to 8 years.
- Net enclosure with zipper ensures safety.
- The jumping area is around 60 inches.
- The metal springs are zinc plated and are fully covered with padding.
- Ensure to install springs evenly and diametrically opposite to each other to prevent buckling during assembly.
- The trampoline mat is about 18 to 24 inches from the ground.
- Assembly takes anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour. It may not be easy to assemble / disassemble frequently. You may need another person to help you to hold the surface while you tighten.
- The metal poles and legs are completely padded for safety.
- This trampoline is likely to shift its position on a hard surface. Therefore, you may place non-slip mats underneath.
- The unit weighs around 73 pounds and is light enough to move around easily. The disadvantage is that it may fly off during stormy weather!
Skywalker 60 In. Mini Trampoline – Round Seaside Adventure Bouncer with Enclosure
Use movement and bouncy fun to encourage your child to stay active with Skywalker Seaside Adventure Bouncer mini trampoline. This small trampoline features a safety enclosure with a 360 degree hand rail to provide your child and extra layer of safety and support.
Specs, tips, pros, cons, features and usage for the Skywalker 60 In. Mini Trampoline
- Extra safety with a gap-free trampoline design.
- This mini trampoline is suitable for ages 3 to 7 years and has a 100-pound weight limit for a single user.
- The trampoline is not suitable for outdoor use or outdoor storage. You may place it in a large playroom or a garage.
- Ensure you place the trampoline on a level surface to avoid tipping.
- The jumping surface is around 50 inches.
- Some customers found the assembly instructions very vague and not clearly explained. It may take two hours to assemble. Straightening the last few legs was difficult for a few users but once straight, it was level and balanced.
- Only one child should be allowed to play on this trampoline at a time. Having multiple kids on a mini trampoline may increase the risk of injury.
- This mini trampoline is extremely lightweight (weighs less than 25 pounds) and is easy to move around. However, it may be difficult to pass through a standard doorframe due to its size.
- The jump surface is around 10 inches above the ground. Therefore, a ladder will not be required. Kids can simply crawl in.
- This trampoline does not use metal springs to prevent pinching. Instead, it uses well-concealed elastic bands for a safe and silent bounce experience.
- The poles and handrail is foam padded for protection.
- It has six legs and is not foldable. Therefore, assemble it in a room where you intend to use it as it may not pass a standard doorway.
- The height of the assembled trampoline measures around 5 feet.
- The enclosure door has a double zip (outside and inside).